If you want to/ are going to vote in the US this November

I just received an email from Change.org on how to register/ check my status to vote [link below]. The website I received in the email was really helpful in easing some of my concerns as I did not know whether I was registered or not and had no idea on how to check for that information.

So if you want to register to vote:
http://www.ourtime.org/

Want to check if you are in fact registered to vote:
https://www.usvotefoundation.org/state-elections/state-election-dates-deadlines
(Click on your state and fill out the information to check you voter status. It should say active)

If you need an absentee ballot or have questions about deadlines, the site is also a good resource.

The organization On The Count: The Prison and Criminal Justice Report shared this on their page on facebook and I think that it is important to share.


















&&&&& It is National Voter Registration Day...

My next post will be on my thoughts on the "debate" of whether to vote; synthesizing a lot of the things I have read recently at work, via social media, and in conversations I've had with various people on the subject.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gender Politics: My take on B*tch & Lupe's B*tch Bad

Reasons it hasn't worked

A friend for the end of the world