Internship Orientation

I had orientation today for my job as the Peacebuilding Commission Intern at the World Federalist Movement - Institute for Global Policy. I absolutely love the staff who presented today, I love the other interns at the office, it looks like my boss and I will get along, and most importantly, I love the work my "department" does and what the organization seems to stand for as far as I understand.

I hope to do a post explaining what I will be doing and to a limited extent what WFM-IGP is. It is truly an amazing organization so do some research on it if you are curious. 

So very briefly, my first four reflections on working:

1. I have to sleep and wake up EARLY as a working adult!!!!! Real world has officially hit me. 
2. Needing money to have this sort of internship (b/c these sort of internships do not pay) can make this field very demanding and exclusionary to an extent. I will elaborate in another post. 
3. Working is going to be hard. I was starving today. I always lose weight once I start working. PLUS, I need to stop being late for things, honestly. 
4. I am going to learn a lot and I already have access to a huge network. I will fill you in on this aspect very soon. 

Seriously, it seems like I am going to be doing the exact kind of work I was looking to do at this time. 

I am very tired though! Things are starting to pick up...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gender Politics: My take on B*tch & Lupe's B*tch Bad

Reasons it hasn't worked

A friend for the end of the world