Quick Notes on 6/28/12

Just to quickly jot down some thoughts on what has passed through my mind today: basically, an interesting day in Washington, D.C.

1. Supreme Court rules in favor of the constitutionality of Obama's health care bill! Phenomenal, all around, especially in terms of the bill's implication for the millions of uninsured, those discriminated against by insurance providers, and young adults. This is perhaps the very first time I have immediately sensed and experienced the effect of legislation on my personal wellbeing; it is an odd feeling that a reverse decision (perhaps a dissenting vote from John Roberts) would have basically left me uninsured and drastically changed my life. Honestly, medical expenses are no joke. 

2. Eric Holder is held in criminal and civil contempt of Congress and the walk out of the House by Democrats = history. To watch this unfold in real time on CNN was surreal. Mr. Holder's press conference was pretty bold too. Holder did not hold his head in disgrace; he basically called the vote and decision politically motivated and said he had work to do and was thus, returning to said work. #Boss.

That is all. As if this is not clear enough from this post or some previous ones, I am a politics buff. I get this trait from my dad. It is pretty exciting to see the two of us engage in debate; we decide to agree to disagree, always. I should get him to do a guest feature on this blog - that would be interesting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons it hasn't worked

Gender Politics: My take on B*tch & Lupe's B*tch Bad

A friend for the end of the world