Palmwine Music

Palmwine music or highlife is one of my favorite genres of music. It is traditional folk music with intoxicating instrumentals. I am especially reminded of this genre of music because I am reviewing a paper I wrote on Palmwine music around this time last year for my Twi class.

I want to add a little here about what this music is, especially its role in traditional storytelling and in capturing the Ghana's spirit during its independence. The paper I wrote with this information, however, was handwritten in Twi so I will need some time to translate and transcribe it but when I do, I will definitely post it. After all, it is my blog, I post 'em as they come :).













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons it hasn't worked

Gender Politics: My take on B*tch & Lupe's B*tch Bad

Unending goodbyes