In Search of Valerie (Unfinished)

I want to be the kind of girl with whom you admit vehemently to your friends that you are in love
That you lock hands with in broad daylight unfettered by pleas and demands which you must clasp
Who makes you placid amidst the tumult of this world 
For whom you make a world of sense
Through whom you lie unclad, baring the depths of your fears and desires

I want you to be the man with whom I simply feel understood
A companion
Not with whom I am equal but with whom I can truly be free...

But loss witters at my heart
And the pain of past experiences and broken trust leaves me weary
Slanted against an upright world
Or upright against a tilted one
So that after 22 kisses and everything in between,
There may be nothing left upon your arrival
Love might lose its meaning in the tempest of these experiential storms
And when you arrive, you won't stay

Inspired by Valerie - The Weeknd
Poems for 72 Days, Poem 9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons it hasn't worked

Gender Politics: My take on B*tch & Lupe's B*tch Bad

Unending goodbyes