Poems for 72 Days, Day 7

I write

I write to indulge in the multiplicity of ways I can share this sentiment
To say distressing alluding to the sight of a mother leaving her son in daycare on his first day
To depict comfort as deep as a lover's warmth on a cold winter's night
To spin in verse and stanza
That the creativity that God has given me will not be in vain
So that deep down when I listen to music, I feel my craft speaking and soothing me
Common among Jay’s, I muse
I write

I write to shatter
Old ideologies and misconceptions
I propose
A father's womb
Brilliant, blinding darkness
A self-loving revolution
Quest for greater consciousness
Stillness that is alright
Tears that are not deceiving
Vulnerability that is embraced
Words cutting across boundaries, stereotypes, and meanings
Simply to capture this incision
I write

I write to speak
To dote into reality realms of meaning and understanding
To not worry about speech itself
That my tongue may twist and say words with the heaviest of my native twi and Bronx accents
That aluminum is alu-me-num
Not to rumble opportunity in my mouth a few several times before I mumble the word
Because at times speaking in the cross sections of my two languages, verbal meaning is lost
But close to mute, my ideas and opinions like blood flow
So that feeling are my fingertips
And narrating, holding onto pens and keys
I write

I write to feel
To not only see the myriad of progress and issues but to be on a quest to heal
For deliberate experience often births deep thoughts, incite meanings, breathing, kneading emotions
Those tinges that despite what your mind possesses, entangles your heart
In ways that are real and not simply fathomed
So that even in remembrance you tremble
But let art become your emotional ensemble
And write as art is for art's sake
This is my canon
I write

I write, I write, I write
I write to share
Stories are made better through the act of departure
From leaving one being to another they gain a context and posture
Unshared experiences often live in an unknown time and a lost frame
I am not ashamed of this challenging life, I crave opportunities to grow, inspire, change
I am grateful for a dual identity, complex friendships, to negotiate through life, this conceptual dealership
So that a family history that is broken or shaken does not mean I should be revolting
I aim at fully addressing and not regressing
In fact, sharing is profound because it is as restorative for the receptionist as for the reveal-er
Evidently, I can't keep this desire still
And me only within me
So,
I write .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons it hasn't worked

Gender Politics: My take on B*tch & Lupe's B*tch Bad

Unending goodbyes