Kelvin & David

 

So this video above of the prodigy Kelvin Doe has been circulating on the web. The video speaks for itself. My fascination is with his host/mentor David. I think that from what we can surmise from the video, he embodies this idea that Toni Morison speaks of:

“I tell my students, 'When you get these jobs that you have been so brilliantly trained for, just remember that your real job is that if you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else. This is not just a grab-bag candy game.”

A lot of us can't be Kelvin. I can't be Kelvin and that is okay, maybe even great. But I want to be David. I think a lot more of us can be David.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons it hasn't worked

Gender Politics: My take on B*tch & Lupe's B*tch Bad

Unending goodbyes